Timespunkers Timespunkers

Not bad for 72 hours, but the sand level seems broken. I die immediately.

BNeutral responds:

That should be fixed now, was caused by a last minute change. You may have to clear your cache. The level is still quite unforgiving though.

Ending Ending

Ending is a superb, but ultimately flawed puzzle/roguelike. After 30-45 minutes I think I'm done with the game. I'm not really into puzzle mode (or puzzle games in general) and I don't feel like I'm getting better at free play mode. Maybe it's just me, but as soon as any of the pushing enemies show up it's basically game over. When you can't kill something, the next option is to avoid it. But I don't have room to get around them and can't move fast enough to despawn them by opening new rooms. I read another review where someone said the game is always winnable, but I'm having a hard time believing that. There are a lot of instances where making the right decision given the circumstances ended up being the wrong decision 10-15 moves later or as soon as I open a new room.

Maybe since it's a roguelike type deal this was intended? Even so, Red Rogue, st33d's previous roguelike, was not only was challenging, but also seemed fair. I never had the feeling I'd been cheated out of a playthrough. Even if Ending actually is 100% winnable, I still don't get that feeling as a player. Which is a shame really, because the game does so many things right. The mechanics are rock solid and level progression in puzzle mode is spot on. The lack of any explanation does (almost) nothing to harm the play experience, which speaks to how well the game (and by extension st33d) teaches you to play it.

If it weren't for the issues above, I wouldn't have anything to criticize. At all.

Red Rogue Red Rogue

Stopped by the .net for this game and saw it was on Newgrounds. Great game ( and review responses). Definitely one of the best games on the site.

Rubble Trouble New York Rubble Trouble New York

Good game but those cannonball levels really killed it for me. Easily the worst part of the entire game.

Undead End Hardcore Undead End Hardcore

Annoying

The screen width is too short to see enemies in time to avoid any damage and it's annoying trying to back away and shoot at the same time since you can't fire and move in different directions.

Sweatshop Boy Sweatshop Boy

No thanks.

What a waste of time. Not fun and heavy handed.

ImmorTall ImmorTall

If you don't shield...

...you still die. That's kinda lame.

OCD+ OCD+

Deserves the front page.

It's not a new concept, but there hasn't been something THIS bad since that elephant game. I forget the name....

Good work. I wonder what testing the game was like if there was any lol

Kid Bunny Kid Bunny

Undoubtedly Cute

Honestly the only problem with the game is the "physics" involved in moving the character.

Sometimes he feels like he either can't build up enough speed

or

slow down fast enough and the controls are too slippery.

Mario Combat Deluxe Mario Combat Deluxe

Controls aren't everything.

Yeah the controls "feel" like SSB, but, well, less good.

The enemies aren't very smart and aren't challenging to deal with.

I see that you took code and animations from an existing project and used them for this game. Problem is, that's exactly what this feels like. Just a cobbled together project created solely for the purpose of not letting unused assets go to waste.

It's painfully obvious that you just took the old stuff and slapped on some platforms, a background, and a bunch of dumb enemies.

Mario was the only good part because the animations were pretty good.